counter

Thursday 4 December 2014

So, whaddya think?

While surfing the forums, I came upon a fellow who had not been diagnosed but he wondered if he had PD. He felt he had it. He listed his symptoms:

  • External tremors in my arms and legs
  • Shaking and jolting while asleep
  • Foot Dragging
  • Swallowng issues
  • Masking- it used to upset me why people thought I was always so angry.
  • 'Vibrating' feeling over the whole body
  • Falling if I stand quickly
  • Not having complete control of my hand when taking coffee out of a jar etc
  • Bursting into tears at the smallest thing
  • Lack of arm swing when walking

Sounds like classical PD to me, but in a later post he said his doctor thought otherwise and sent him for tests. I will let you know the outcome, if he posts it.

I've got nothing against doctors, they are good people, especially if you are not sick. If this doctor hadn't asked for tests. I would question his competence. Good doctors listen to their patients. For PD, that is the best method of diagnosis because there is no clinical test for the condition. The accepted test is diagnosis from the patient's observations and complaints. I will bet the doctor is fairly certain his patient has PD and the tests are to rule out any other condition, in which case, I might be worried, because there are worse things than PD that have the same or similar symptoms. I kind of hope his doctor was right and wrong at the same time.

In any event, if he has shaking palsy and once he gets over the shock, I hope that he won't dwell negatively on the future and lose the present. Positive thoughts are required to slow this disease.

That, and drugs. Prescription, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment