counter

Monday 29 December 2014

Take it easy, but take it.

I said I would put my legs to the test today and I gave it a good try. Instead of 2 trekking poles I only used one (on the recommendation of my brother, a serious trekker who has forgotten he is 65). One is better than two. You can't go as fast; therefore, you don't experience the onset of festination, which usually occurs when I move quickly.

Alas, sadly, it wasn't much of a test. With the wind chill, the temperature was - 37C. I dressed warmly but hey, how much can a person wear and still be able to move. After 1.5km, I turned and went home, half frozen. The 3k in total were uneventful. I felt no urge to fall forward, so things are looking up as far as my daily 3 mile walk when we go to South Beach. I was afraid I would not be able to walk too far without falling. I am going to go for the full 3 miles and I will only use the one trekking pole. I will be fine if I can force myself to just take it easy.

Statistics for the Past Week (pageviews)


  1. United States 55
  2. Canada 42
  3. France 34
  4. United Kingdom 23
  5. Poland 6
  6. Russia 4
  7. Germany 3
  8. India 1
  9. Turkey 1
  10. Ukraine 1
Grand Total to date: 28,745

"All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking.” ― Nietzsche,

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a Treadmill, Doug?

    We have one in the basement - fantastic for running when it is cold, and icy outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might help you with the cold weather, footing, and weather conditions??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you Jen. No treadmill but do have a high tech stationary that I use frequently.

      Treadmills and I don't get along.

      Thanks for thinking of me.

      Delete