counter

Friday 23 January 2015

Hot town; summer in the City

It is positively tropical here. The high today was +3C (34F). The average temperature at this time of year is a high of -10C (14F).

It sounds so much warmer in fahrenheit!

The problem is the snow is melting. Not so bad, you might be thinking. You would be wrong. The melted snow will turn to ice over night and walking (for a PWP) will become that much more tenuous. If you saw me walking, you wouldn't think I was having a problem - my walk seems so normal. Wrong again. I can feel my right leg tremble at the best of times so when you add ice, I feel like a rhythmically challenged go-go dancer.

Having entered my complaint, I hasten to add that I much refer the warm weather to the cold and I hope it stays around for a few days. Wishful thinking, I think.

I turn now to my nightmare a couple of nights ago. I can't really remember the details but it involved a female who wasn't too keen on me and she let slip her dogs of gore. I could see them coming toward me, growling and foaming. For a moment I thought they were quite beautiful until I realized they were pitbulls. Just as they attacked, my body spasmed, flinging me into the air (OK, that's an exaggeration - but that is what it felt like) and I let out a howl, waking my wife (Are you OK! Are you OK?) I usually don't mind these PD induced virtual reality spasmodic episodes, but this one bothered me, haunting me like a dark shadow throughout the next day and, for $%#@$% sake, made a short, but disturbing cameo appearance in my dreams that night. I am over it now and last night slept until 4AM. I worked for the next 4 hours and finished in time for breakfast when I took a short nap while watching "The Americans" on my ipad.

I believe I might be becoming a vampire.

Do vampires get PD?

No comments:

Post a Comment