counter

Thursday 15 January 2015

I'm left, you're right, I'm wrong

I thought I was handling things well but a couple of days ago, I felt that familiar weak feeling in my left hand and leg

Fore·shad·ow verb \-ˈsha-(ˌ)dō\
: to give a suggestion of (something that has not yet happened)

Hmmm - I feel good today. A little shaky in both hands, but nothing really scary, but, and it is a big "but", I am aware of the fact that my brain is losing ground to the PD onslaught. Oh well, as Janet Reno said when diagnosed, "It looks like I will have some problems in 9 years" or words to that effect. Nine years, if I can stave off the symptoms for 9 years, I will consider that a victory.

I have kind of lost faith in Dr. Oz's prediction of a cure in 10 years; however, there are some good drugs being researched and I am counting on taking them. In the meantime..........

“Difficulty need not foreshadow despair or defeat. Rather achievement can be all the more satisfying because of obstacles surmounted.”

I will hold on to my optimism that failed me for a day or two. I do not despair.

Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment