counter

Monday 19 January 2015

They're at the Post. They're off!

Parkinsons n'est pas une fin en soi ! C'est un combat permanent, une lutte parfois désespérée mais .... Le plus dur, garder le cap et accepter l'inacceptable. Desproges disait " On peut rire de tout ..." Et si on essayait?

This just about sums it up. Obviously, I didn't write it. I am trying to relearn the language, donc, without using a translation program, with my limited vocabulary, I took my time and got this out of that paragraph...."Parkinson's is not an end itself! It is an permanent battle, a struggle sometimes desperate but life goes on .... The strongest keep on going and accept the unacceptable. Desproges said "You are able to laugh at all ..." And if we tried?

What struck me was that this simple description was right on target. Parkinson's is an ongoing battle. Some PWP, voluntarily or involuntarily succumb to its onslaught, others know what their destiny is but they keep on fighting while all around, life goes on. Our future has been written, but if you are letting it get you down, try laughter. Laughing helps.

You can find the author of this insight here The author is a WWP (writer with parkinson's) and she has sleep disturbances too. Her entries, done when everyone is sleeping, are in French and English. I will be using the French writings to further my studies because, I am going to Paris in the fall. God only knows if I will be brave enough to actually speak the language face-to-face with a local. Oddly, if somebody surprises me with a french phrase, I understand what they are saying; getting into a conversation is another matter. Mais je vais essayer.

Another little joy of PD has invaded my well being. There are times when I go to say something, and I can't find the word. My chin begins to tremble. It can be a little embarrassing but I have solved the problem. It was so simple. I just simply stopped talking and became the dark, brooding stranger who rarely leaves the house. You know, like Boo Radley in To kill a Mockingbird


The picture is not me. it is Boo

Yes, life for a PWD is full of struggles mais je suis un optimiste. Nous allons gagner à la fin.

For me, it is a race. Can they come up with a cure before I die? Who should I put my money on?

Only time will tell but it is inevitable, we shall overcome.......someday.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for the quote! I am not used to read my words outside of my blog. Of course, we'll win! All, together in the fight. It was one of my goals when I decided to create Fils de Park's. And tonight, you offered me a wonderful reason to hope!
    Keep it up with the French language :-) I will do my best to write also in English … And thus, our common race will transcend the boarders and we'll feel even stronger!
    Best regards. Lili

    ReplyDelete