counter

Saturday 3 September 2016

A walk on the mild side.

Bradykinesia- slowness of motion. The individual's movements become increasingly slow and over time muscles may randomly "freeze".

I am definitely slowing down. Want proof? Here it is:

  • On a walk that took 11 minutes four months ago, now takes me 13 - 15 minutes. Feels like forever
  • I am the last person at the dinner table. Each Sunday we host a family dinner and the entire family deserts me and leaves me at the table, still eating.
  • When I speak, I can feel the words coming out of me - slowly - you know, like Henry Fonda or, God forbid, John Wayne.

These are the only clues I can think of at the moment. No doubt there will be others to add to this feeling of involuntary deceleration.

On a brighter note, we got tickets to see Cirque de Soleil. I am looking forward to that, except we have to walk several blocks from where we park, so it will be necessary to leave a couple of hours early, lest we miss the show due to my waning mobility.

I lie, I am still quite mobile, albeit at molasses speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment