counter

Sunday 25 September 2016

Rain clouds and peeping Toms

In the words of that great philosopher, Elvis Presley, "Did you ever get one of those days..........Where nothing is right from morning to night. Did you ever get one of those days?"

I know whereof he speaks. I have been experiencing bad news and poor news; no good news (Is there ever even just 'agreeable news' for PWP?)

For the last two weeks, I've had the feeling that Joe Btfsplk is hanging nearby. He must have jinxed me! I have been jinxed! He must be here somewhere. Curse him and his little black cloud.

In no particular order, the following are the little joys of PD I suffered during those two weeks:

  • Prior to taking my meds, there arose a noticeable tremor in my left hand. I think I am moving into stage two. Not good news folks, not good news
  • sleep! My sleep is short and with interruptions of vibrant, realistic scary, dreams, the detritis of which can haunt me until I not sure if the dreams are my reality or my nightmare.
  • They are back! Those momentary feelings/hallucinations of people looking over my shoulder, trying to read my writing
Today, I have been visited by a young girl looking a much like Anne of Green Gables, as far as her clothing was concerned, who stood close beside me. She was too short to see the monitor and she faded away. The other visitor today as a 7 foot farm boy who just looked at the screen, as if memorizing it. Nothing else, he was just a "looker, a "peeping Tom".

I guess it's OK. I am sure he wasn't peeping intentionally, he just wanted to freak me out.

And he succeeded.

Al Capps' "Joe Btfsplk"

No comments:

Post a Comment