counter

Sunday 16 June 2013

“I had to stop driving my car for a while... the tires got dizzy.” (Sephen Wright)

I get foggy and a little dizzy later in the day. That is my cue to take a nap. Even after 10 or 15 minutes, I can awake feeling relatively relaxed. That was the good news. The bad news is the tendency to nod off is getting worse. Watching TV. In the bathtub (where I have ruined a book that landed in the water when I entered my short hibernation). And sitting in a chair. Part of the problem is my seemingly inability to sleep past 4:30 AM again. So, this weekend, my wife and I isolated ourselves at the cottage. Here, I hoped, I would be totally relaxed and would sleep past my "normal" time.

No such luck. Nope, 4:30 arrived and I was, furiously, wide awake. What to do? What to do?

I decided to get up, do my stretches and go for a walk.

Now, except for a couple of little incidents back in the winter, a walk is not difficult for me. Today, however, I felt a little dizzy and I realized I was bent at the waist. I forced myself to walk like I had a rod up my butt, but that only lasted as long as I concentrated on doing so. At last, shaken by what appeared to be a new symptom, I needed to sit down. I needed to relax. I chose a bench overlooking the lake.

The morning was warm and the sun was rising out of the horizon. The lake was perfectly calm and as I sat there, I too calmed down, accepted my fate, arose from the bench, stuck that proverbial rod where the sun don't shine and completed my walk.

When I reached the cabin, I cheered myself up by watching an episode of season 3 of "Pretty Little Liars". I would tell you what it was about, but sadly, I fell asleep.

(keep scrolling down)


The lake at 5AM

More PD Blogs

Here are a couple of more blogs I follow:

  1. Wearing Off - by Chris et al. Chris also used to have an excellent forum, but it suddenly disappeared into the ether
  2. The Jelly Chronicles Wobbling through life with parkinsons

No comments:

Post a Comment