counter

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Take these wobbly bones....

Definition of "Wobbly"
/ˈwäb(ə)lē/
Noun or Adjective

Wobbly (n): A member of the once-powerful syndicalist union, the Industrial Workers of the World. They are in favour of revolutionary unionism and see authoritarian control (such as bosses and politicians) as oppressive. Many wobblies subscribe to some form of anarchism.

Whoops! wrong definition; although, having read it, it is rather enticing - except for the anarchism part. No, this is the definition I am looking for:

Wobbly(adj) Tending to move unsteadily from side to side.
Weak and unsteady from illness, tiredness, or anxiety.

I went to the cottage this weekend, for a little R & R, avoidance of stress - just what the doctor should order for PWP. Had a great time with my wife, daughter and granddaughter. All seemed well - until I tried to arise from a sofa or chair. I would have to take two or three tries, falling back each time until successful and then, once standing, I wabbled. As the weekend progressed, I progressed to wabbling while walking, especially if taking a corner. Today, I am still wabbling, but it has diminished. I guess this another of PD's little joys, another example of God's sense of humour.

I am getting tired of laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment