counter

Monday 24 June 2013

I'd rather there was a surplus

Somebody (I don't know who)once said words to the effect that if the government were put in charge of the Sahara Desert, within 5 years there would be a shortage of sand.

Well guess what! My amantadine prescription needed refilling but my wife was told by the pharmacy they only had 87 tablets (I take 4/day) and wouldn't get anymore until September because there was a shortage. Now I believe that amantadine, that much maligned drug, is the reason my right hand has ceased to have a life of its own, over which I have no control. Without amantadine, I would be a mess. I needed 252 of those little life savers to make it to September and they only had 87 and said other pharmacies were in the same spot. I wouldn't even make through July. Fortunately my wife has my back and managed to scrounge up another 199 and so we are set for the time being. I can make it to September, but what happens if come September the shortage has not been resolved. Well there is always L-dopa, but for some reason, I want to stay on amantadine and mirapex for as long as I am able.

Mark Twain once said "When you are angry, count to four, when very angry, swear". Well shit, I don't know who is responsible for the shortage (when in doubt blame the government)but get off your asses and get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment