counter

Monday 29 August 2011

Michael & Me

Michael J. Fox stated in one of this books that his parkinson's diagnosis was the best thing that ever happened to him.

Michael, Michael, Michael! You crazy canuck you! Can that be true? I don't think you would have a lot of believers in the parky community.

Let's see.....

Stiff neck - check
slow movement - check
hand tremor - check
vibrating arm - check
malevolent leg cramps - check
dystonia - check
constipation - check

Nope, I just can't agree with you on that one. You may be my hero, but I think you are a little nuts when it comes to good things happening. For me, my diagnosis ranks right up there with the worse things that have happened to me. For me, it is like I was playing a great game of basketball when the referee called out "strike one". A touch confusing, ne c'est pas?

However, I have led a charmed existence to now (touch wood) and so a little thing like parkinson's won't get me down - but the best thing to have happened! Don't think so Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment