counter

Wednesday 31 August 2011

To him who is in fear, everything rustles

My future is a shadow, lurking by my bedside, and sometimes, at night, I think I can see it and it is not pretty. It is at those times that I suffer a moment of doubt with a side serving of fear. Then I remember, I should really get the facts first, and then panic.

Fact: PD progresses at different rates for different people - think positively - slow progression
Fact: Although it can't be cured, PD is a treatable disease
Fact: I have the tremor dominant form of PD and the prognosis for this form is more favourable than the other form (PIGD form)
Fact: Late onset PD victims are less likely to develop dyskinesias from the use of l-dopa.
Fact: I am 65 and don't have to live with PD that long. Look at Michael J. After 20 years, he still functions relatively well.
Fact: I have a caring and supportive wife which makes living with PD that much easier.

Still, I do have my moments; but, I always convince myself that fear resides only in my brain and I still control the majority of that organ. All I need to do is banish fear from my mind.

Someone (I don't know who) once said, "There are very few monsters who warrant the fear we have of them."

I have banished my fear ..... until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment