counter

Saturday 7 January 2012

In Vino Veritas Part II

On October 30th, I described a reaction I had after drinking some wine - (a) insomnia and (b) unable to pee. I wondered if it was a coincidence. It wasn't. Last night we went out for dinner, I had a kir royale and 2 or 3 glasses of wine. When I went to bed, I could not sleep at all and I didn't urinate from 5pm until 1am when I forced it out. This was not like me. I used to be able to magically turn a glass of prosecco into urine in a flash of an eye!

On to google.

It appears that there is an interaction between alcohol and amantadine (one of my PD drugs). Combining the amantadine with alcohol can increase the effects of amantadine, two of which are (a) insomnia and (b) infrequent urination.

For some reason, that makes me feel better. PWP would laugh if they knew I was afraid those effects were symptoms of PD. A future without a couple of glasses a wine every couple of months! Unthinkable!

Fan the sinking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine. (Heraclitus)

No comments:

Post a Comment