counter

Thursday 19 January 2012

Still crazy after all these years

As I wrote in a previous entry, mirapex can cause hallucinations. I have now had a few. They are momentary (maybe a second) and I can't say for sure they are not dreams because they come as I am zoned out, falling asleep or as I am waking up. They are not disturbing and I can chuckle at the thought of them. Here are a few examples:

It is early in the morning and I am sitting on the sofa in the living room reading from my Kobo reader. Out of the corner of my eye I notice a tall man standing at one end of the sofa. He seems to be cleaning his glasses. I remember he is wearing a vest. I turn my head in his direction and there is nothing there.

It is near the hour when I usually fall asleep and I am lying in bed watching TV. Again from the corner of my eye I see a woman in a red dress moving by the side of the bed. I look in her direction - nothing.

I am awakened by the sound of dogs growling on the other side of my bedroom door. I think my daughter is visiting with her animals. It is 4:30AM and I wonder what the problem is that she should be here this early. The dogs stop growling. I get up and I open the door. No dogs! My daughter is no doubt asleep in her bed in her home.

The common denominator is in each instance - I was tired. Dreams? Drugs? Or maybe I am just going nuts?

Fortunately, I have not had any "hallucinations" in the past few days.

It is all rather confusing. As Stephen Wright said, "If God dropped acid, would he see people?"

He might if he were on mirapex!

No comments:

Post a Comment