counter

Monday 2 January 2012

All right, all right............................

I admit it. I must be a hypochondriac. All the twitches, excessive saliva, wobbly legs, etc, must have been manifestations of my imagination. I am feeling very good this morning. Very good.... Oh, I still have PD, but if I had all the symptoms I have imagined, I would have been bedridden by now. I have slowed down somewhat and have some problems getting up from a sitting position in a soft sofa. I do have a serious tremor in my right hand(controlled by drugs), afternoon exhaustion (maybe caused by drugs), a significantly softer voice and - tada! - vicious constipation (I no longer have to worry about having the aztec two-step when the plane takes off).

I will try not to find other symptoms before they actually affect me. There is no sense in rushing things. It is my plan that (a) my PD will be slow in advancing or (b) new drugs will slow the progression of the disease or (c) they will find a cure, which seems to be a definite possibility, some would say a "definite probablility". Maybe we will have good news in 2012.

Now, to lift the spirit of PD sufferers with constipation, here is a quote from the former Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger, not known for his humor - until now. “There are only two reasons to sit in the back row of an airplane; either you have diarrhea, or you're anxious to meet people who do”.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment