counter

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Perchance to Dream

I woke up this morning with the realization that I do have it....PARKINSON'S! It hasn't been a dream! It has been a year since the first symptom appeared - a tremor in my right hand. The tremor has become more apparent at times but really, I have not progressed very far along the PD scale (touch wood) and am still quite optimistic that I will be one of the lucky ones where the condition doesn't progress rapidly. I get the occasional twitch on my left side but, what the heck, I am better off than my friends with MS and ALS (Always look on the bright side of life, da dum da dum da dum da dum).

I didn't feel like working yesterday so I, my wife, my daughter and my granddaughter went up to the cottage to review some work we had had done. Outside it was +3C but inside the cottage, it was well below freezing. We stayed about 10 minutes and went to Gimli for lunch. I was amazed that we had to stop and get windshield washer because the windows kept getting dirty from water thrown up by oncoming vehicles. This in early January when the normal temperature is about -13C. We will pay for the warm weather starting tomorrow when the forecast high is -15C. Anyway, the trip was good for me, very relaxing and stress free. Absolutely no tremor at all. And, to add to the enjoyment, my granddaughter (6 months) finally let me carry her after 3 months of her crying whenever I looked at her.

That's enough for now. I have to catch up on the work I didn't do yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment