counter

Wednesday 13 February 2013

I had to stop driving my car for a while... the tires got dizzy. (Steven Wright)

I went to the hockey game last night and enjoyed it immensely, even though the home team lost. The problem is, after the game, my mind was racing and I could not get to sleep until well after 1 AM. I haven't been up that late since the 60's. Come to think of it, I never slept in the 60's, so I guess that doesn't count, but it has been a long stretch since I last saw 1AM. It is not a pleasant sight

Today, I feel very "parkie". My legs seem weak and severe cramps played with me all night. My shoulders hurt. I feel like I will fall over at any moment. Slightly nauseous. But the worst feeling is dizziness. It is not as bad as spin-around-try-to-walk dizziness. It is just a light-headed kind of dizziness. A particularly very annoying type of dizziness. And to think, I once wanted to reach the dizzy heights of hyper success. What! and miss all this!

My little friends are around today as well. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a young mother, down on one knee, comforting a child. They literally last a part of a second and then disappear or morph into somebody or something else. They don't bother me in the least. For once I am surrounded by people.

All these occurred, I believe, because I was late getting to sleep.

I really need sleep because I am exhausted most of the day. To misquote E.A. Poe"Sleep..those little slices of death - How I adore them!"I've developed a love affair for sleep. There is no day time problem that can't be fixed by an afternoon nap, which is what I am going to do now, but before I lay me down to sleep...... Check this out - 10,007 page views to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment