counter

Tuesday 19 February 2013

It was a slow day and the sun was beating on....

It is HOT down here! We escaped a winter storm in Winnipeg and 14 hours later (stopovers in Chicago and Washington), we arrived in South Miami Beach in the summer; although, the natives indigenous to the region think the days are rather cool. They literally do not know what cold is and yet they probably have parkas for the "cold" fronts that occasionally pass through. Happily, the temperature is expected to rise over the next few days.

But onto Parkinson's. The only symptom that showed up on the plane trip was constipation. This I enjoyed because BPD (before parkinson's disease) my only fear of flying was I might be stricken with diarrhea on take off or landing. Can you imagine! No such problems or fears these days.

Today, I walked about 3 miles and no symptoms appeared. My stride was good and my arm swing was natural. I felt completely normal! So, what gives? A coincidence maybe? Probably. I will find out tomorrow as I am going to try running again, an activity I despise but that has kept me fit and lean over the years.

"I don't think jogging is healthy, especially morning jogging. If morning joggers knew how tempting they looked to morning motorists, they would stay home and do sit-ups." - Rita Rudner
However, if heat and jogging will help calm the symptoms of PD, or cause its progress to slow down, then I'm there buddy, I am there.

Right now, I am truly relaxed and feel optimistic about my future. Of course feeling otherwise would cause sheer terror and I choose not to live like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment