counter

Friday 26 March 2021

“All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.” – Casey Stengel

 Sometimes I feel that Casey Stengel is watching over me.  Instead of avoiding symptoms, he leadeth me into them; you know, just to see what will happen.  I have tested many of the myriad symptoms of the evil PD.  Here are some that I am acquainted with:

tremor - initially only my right hand, now both hands and forearms.  Fortunately, one or all of the drugs I take, keep the tremor still. 

slowness of movement - substantial - the tortoise would have no difficult beating me in a race.

Falls - I've had a few, but then again too few to mention.   3 or 4 doozies!

Festination - every time I stop after moving forward.  Not too bad if there is something to stop me, like a wall or tree.

Freezing - not so much, unless you include jumping where I can't get more than an inch into the air and sometimes not at all.   Ironically, I used to coach high jumpers, good ones!

Muscle cramps - you bet, but I can control the severity

speech problems - Oh yes - reduced volume. monotone  and just to make sure I am upset, word finding difficulties.

Inability to write - in spades.  Even I cannot read the scrawl I produce.

Hallucinations - maxed out - see November 10, 2020 entry         

Right now my disease is in a holding pattern and I dislike thinking about what is to come, but in the famous words of the great Casey Stengal:

        "Never make preditions, especially about the future."

No comments:

Post a Comment