counter

Sunday 14 March 2021

AND THE WALLS CAME TUMBLING DOWN

 I was up, then suddenly down.  I tried to make it to my bed but my left arm was devoid of strength, consequently, I had to "inch worm" across a carpet which had the consistency of sand paper.  I couldn't reach my phone. so I just lay there, and lay there for about 16 - 20 hours, every so often sleeping.  When I gradually got to look in a mirror, I saw a monster.  My face was all cut up. My daughter called my neurologist (a friend of hers) who advised her to get me into the hospital  ASAP.

OK, I will humor them and go to the hospital even though I know that the cuts are superficial.

 Turns out the doctors weren't concerned about the cuts. They were concerned about the length of time I had lain in the same position.  They did a blood test and whatever it was they found in my blood should max out at 100.  Beyond that max is dangerous.  My count was 16,000.

"That can't be good."

For 2 solid days I was on IV hydration and I emerged feeling good.  Let that be a lesson to all.  I read that nearly a billion people a year die from unsafe water.  I don't intend to be one of that billion.  I am going to get drunk on water from now on.



No comments:

Post a Comment