counter

Monday 15 March 2021

Was it fate or stupidity

Sorry Doug. Do you think your original issue was bad water or dehydration or did dehydration come from going without water from laying on the floor for so long without water? Definitely consider a medical alert fob. Hang in there buddy... you remain our canary in the coal mine and we are grateful for your insights.

This comment was made by a loyal reader in response to "The Walls ...tumbling down" . I do appreciate his input; it is insightful and often causes me to look deeper into myself.  Here is my response to his inquiry:

We are reputed to have the best water in the world, so I doubt "bad" water was involved.  The doctors tell me I was dehydrated so I guess I was.  I thought I did quite well on fluids, but I guess I didn't.  I now take in 64 oz  of water per day and I feel better.  I used to include sugar fluids (mainly coke). I don't think that helped.  I can vouch for the fact that sugar liquids fatten me up and therefor are not suitable replacements for water.

I think lying in one spot for so long caused all the problems but dehydration was a condition precedent.

Something weird happened.  I thought I was hallucinating when the doctor introduced himself as "Hi, I am Doctor Seuss".

Here we go.....was my initial thought but my daughter assured me he really was a doctor with the last name Seuss.  Thank goodness!  The last thing I needed was an hallucination.

I do have a medical alert button, state of the art.  I can't sleep with it on, too uncomfortable.  Invariably, I forget to wear it when I wake up. In fact, I am going to go and get it and put it on right now.

Thanks again

PS - didn't the miners only know there was poison gas in the mine when the canaries died?  But, I get your drift.

No comments:

Post a Comment