counter

Sunday 18 March 2012

“FOREFINGER, n. The finger commonly used in pointing out two malefactors.”

My granddaughter, 8 months, is learning among other things, to point with her forefinger. Very cute! I am learning not to point with any finger, but especially with my forefinger. Why? Because I can no longer control that finger on my right hand. Immediately upon pointing, it starts to mindlessly jump up and down and can lead to rather embarrassing moments. For example, when I tried to change movies on the airplane by touching the TV screen, it took a few tries to get my finger on target. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see my seatmate, a stranger, with a curious look about him. I used my left hand after that; however, it is beginning to imitate the right hand forefinger, although not with the same intensity. This finger waving is at its worse in moments of stress or tiredness; although, even now, first thing in the morning, there is a minor vibration and I involuntarily click the mouse button every now and then and have to redo something. Just another of PD's special jokes!

“White collar conservative flashin' down the street, pointing that plastic finger at me. They all assume my kind will drop and die, but I'm gonna wave my freak flag high.” (Jimi Hendrix)

No comments:

Post a Comment