counter

Friday 9 March 2012

PD is trying my patience!

I had a good day yesterday with a visit from a special person and her husband. I showed no symptoms of my PD, except for a softening of my voice. I gave myself a "good" on the Patients Like Me website.

It was too good to be true. Today was less than good. My wife and I went for a walk and my right hand was jumping around and I couldn't control it. Add to that a couple of quick twitches in my left hand and you can imagine my disappointment. I took extra mirapex and went for a 4 mile walk and my hand settled down. As I write this, 6 hours later, I have not had a recurrence of the hand jive, but I feel like there is a boulder hanging above me waiting to crush me. Of course, I hope that doesn't happen, but I realize, somewhat pessimistically, that tomorrow's hope is just a disguise for today's disappointment.

I remind myself of D.D. Eisenhower's words that pessimism never won a battle (or something like that). I will keep you posted.

My God! It is hot down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment