counter

Monday 12 March 2012

Trip from hell, part II (see last August 12 for part I)

Right now I am sitting in Toronto International Airport. My plane to Winnipeg is an hour late. My hand is jumping around badly. As I type,I keep repeating letters and having to correct. Why is that? You might ask.

Sit tight and I will tell you why I may never go to Miami again.

We got on the plane in Miami, on time, but didn't move because there was something wrong with the cargo door and maintenance had to fix it. We sat there for about an hour until it was fixed. We began to taxi. The flight attendants seemed to be rushing to and fro. Something was up! The captain came on the intercom and said, "Sorry folks, we have to return to the gate as a piece of paneling has come loose and is falling on a passenger's head." WHAT? "We will be going back to the gate and maintenance will repair it." ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I turned to look and sure enough, part of the ceiling (2' x 2') had come loose and was hanging by some wires. The plane was falling apart! This did not inspire confidence. An hour passed; the ceiling was fixed and we began to taxi. We stopped when the pilot advised there was a "ground hold in effect but it should only last 15 or 20 minutes." I chose 15, but I lost. So two hours and 20 minutes later, we actually took flight, only to arrive in Toronto to discover, as I said, our connecting plane was an hour late.

I was just glad we made it, seeing as how our plane appeared to be a lemon.

Is it any wonder my hand is doing a two-step!

An announcement was just made......"We will be further delayed as there is a slight maintenance problem on the plane."....... NOW WHAT?

No comments:

Post a Comment