counter

Friday 23 March 2012

Life After Diagnosis

As I have said, I was diagnosed a year ago and so far, it's not so bad. I can't run as fast as I used to, but I can still run. I tremor at the slightest stress (last evening, I tremored during The Sons of Anarchy - great show but violent) but I am rarely, if ever, distressed, so that is good. Every so often I think of my future but, I try to avoid doing so, for I see it as being somewhat bleak. Einstein once said, "I don't think of the future, it comes soon enough." I should follow that advice but the future lurks in the shadows of my mind and surfaces every now and again. Fortunately, there are people out there who have had the condition longer than I, and I can use them as sorts of soothsayers and I can see there will be life after diagnosis.

One such personal seer is a man named Chris who lives in the UK. I read his blog and found this entry:

http://www.wearingoff.com/blog/post/148-poetry-and-parkinsons-disease


If you read it, you will understand why his entry perked me up. I am feeling good today. I am optimistic even if my optimism whispers while my pessimism shouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment