counter

Wednesday 21 March 2012

“Lawyers, I suppose, were children once.”

Received a subpoena today. I have to give evidence in a trial that is set for 12 days. I will probably be on the stand for at least half a day. I can just see it. The slightest stress causes my symptoms to surface - hand tremor, dry mouth, problems with word recall and last, but not least, tiredness. Fortunately, it doesn't cause me any distress which would probably multiply the symptoms by a factor of 10 and might cause the PD to get worse faster.

Still, watching "Luther" today on Netflix, my hand started to vibrate when the villain shot acid in his victim's eyes, using a water pistol, so I should expect some exacerbation of the symptoms while on the stand.

Oh well! Fortunately, both lawyers are decent fellows.

As Oliver North said, put your trust in God and a good lawyer. (or something like that)

I am certain there is such a thing as a "good lawyer". I will let you know. Trial is not until October.

No comments:

Post a Comment