counter

Wednesday 24 August 2011

(Soup) and ships and sealing wax.

Yesterday's temperature was 37 (98.6), body temperature!! We are not used to this, especially with geese in the sky and combines on the fields - fall is in the air.

I went up to my sanctum sanctorum, the cottage, to get away for the day but, even with AC gushing forth in the living room, it felt like I was living in a magma chamber in the other rooms. I turned on a fan, but noticed that the moving air actually caused a tremor to start up in my resting (right) arm where no tremor was present at that moment. What's that all about anyway? I discovered I could repair the tremor by COVERING UP!!! I looked at the thermometer in the kitchen. It was 101F. There was no way I was covering up. Chose to return to the city instead.

New things happen all the time. About a year and a half ago, I began to have trouble swallowing. Tests were done (very cool watching on a monitor some "gunk" I had ingested, slowly journey down my digestive tract and coat everything in its way). No problems found. No explanation. I chalked it up to another part of my fibromyalgia. In any event, I lost about 7 pounds as I was reduced to eating soup, bread soaked in soup, and strawberry milkshakes for about 2 weeks. Then it disappeared and hasn't crossed my doorstep since.

Now I read difficulty in swallowing is also a symptom of PD. Hope never to see that one again.

The sideshows keep swallowing up the circus!

No comments:

Post a Comment