counter

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Cold but with a touch of warmth

Winter arrived yesterday. I awoke to an inch of snow. I went for my early morning walk anyway and found it (a) a little slippery and (b) a touch chilly. In fact, after an hour, I was downright cold. Fortunately, except for the odd twitch in my right hand, and the rash on my face, I had no other PD symptoms, such as wobbly legs, and made the couple of miles quite easily. When I got home, I passed a mirror and saw a face made red by the rash and the cold.

On the upside, I got a facebook message from a lovely lady who I taught in grades 7 and 8 about 35 years ago. She told me her father had suffered with PD for 25 years. Hearing that gives me hope that my PD will drag its feet and I will get a good 20 years before ........ She has also been involved in the PD cause for many years. We need more people like her. I hope to get together with her the next time I am in Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment