counter

Tuesday 29 November 2011

I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five. (Steven Wright)

This past Friday I began seeing flashes in my right eye. Since it was the right side of my body, I figured PD must somehow be causing them. On Saturday, my eye was lighting up like the 4th of July! I called an optometrist and made an appointment for Monday. On Sunday not only was I getting flashes, I was also experiencing seeing things, like threads or spider webs, in front of my eye. This didn't sound like PD. I went to my appointment and after a thorough examination learned that the vitreous in my eye was pulling away from my retina. This is a natural aging event and nothing to worry about. In my case however, part of the vitreous remained attached to the retina and the fear is when it finally lets go, it could tear a hole in the retina.

"It is nothing to do with PD or the drugs you are taking," the doctor said. "Nor am I too concerned," he assured me.

He stood there looking at me and added, "I will be back in a minute" and he left the room.

When he returned, he held out a card, "I made an appointment for you with an ophthalmologist. It is tomorrow."

Somehow I think maybe he is a little concerned. We will see what happens today.

It would seem my string of good luck is coming to an end; but, as the Russians say, “He that is afraid of bad luck will never know good”.

I ain't afraid of that bad luck!!! I will just have to wait for my good luck to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment