counter

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Some observations are dubious

There is a theory that if you blindfolded a person and told him to walk from point A to a distant point B, the most likely route he would take would be a sine curve
(y = sin x). I have seen it used to explain the meandering of a river and train derailments. I even tried it with my dog one winter. He followed behind me and I walked in a straight line to our destination. When I looked back at our tracks in the snow, mine were in a straight line but his meandered across mine in what was an unruly form of sine curve. Interesting.

At times today on my early morning walk, it felt like I was walking a sine curve too, albeit with a small amplitude. I was kind of wobbly again, as if I had had one too many drinks. It was not for the entire walk, just the last half mile. Now as I write this, I am thinking, here you go again. You are becoming a PD hypochondriac. You were just a little tired from the 2 previous miles. But you never know! It is this uncertainty that eats at me; however, there is no antidote to uncertainty so I will just have to learn to live with it.

Damn!

No comments:

Post a Comment