counter

Friday 4 November 2011

I told my doctor I broke my leg in two places and he told me to quit going to those places. (Henny Youngman)

At times, my right leg seems not to work as well as it used to. It feels kind of "dead". It doesn't interfere with running or walking, rather it just feels odd. Fortunately, this dead feeling is not present all the time, which leads me to think I am becoming a hypochondriac, obsessed with differences in my body that I would have ignored otherwise.

Here is a scary fact. According to statistics, there are nearly 100,000 people living with Parkinson’s in Canada. This number is expected to double by the year 2016.

So fellow baby boomers be aware, as you grow older, the risk of developing parkinson's increases greatly.

Old age ain't no place for sissies!

No comments:

Post a Comment