counter

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Life is so unlike theory.

Went for a hour long walk this morning at 5AM. It was cool, about -3C, so I wore gloves and a hat. Gloves are useful in hiding tremors. I experienced some tremor in my right hand while on my walk, but it was rather fleeting. If that was all I had felt, I wouldn't be writing this now. I also felt "wobbly". My best metaphor to describe wobbliness is "sea legs". We traveled to and from England in the age of the ocean liners. In our case, we took the Empress of Britain both ways. If you have never seen an ocean liner, you would be shocked at how big they are - but that doesn't stop them from rolling when the ocean gets upset. The rolling of the ship can cause seasickness and walking is difficult. You stumble and roll with the waves until you get your sea legs and then you wobble. It is kind of an ordinary walk except that you think you might be off balance. Wobbling = sea legs. You can manage to walk without worrying about falling, but it looks a little odd.

I expect wobbliness is just one of those symptoms that will disappear after a good mid day nap and hopefully will remain dormant for a few more years. If not, I can always develop it into an Irish jig.

No comments:

Post a Comment