counter

Sunday 30 October 2011

In Vino Veritas

We went out for a fabulous meal at an old friend's home. We hadn't got together since I had been diagnosed. Of course, I had wine, several glassfuls. Well, at least half a bottle. Now in the past, wine usually caused two things to happen to me (a) fall asleep rather quickly and (b) make two or three trips to the bathroom at night. That night however, I found it impossible to do two things (a) get to sleep at all (b) empty my bladder. Is it a coincidence that I have PD, take two new drugs, and when I indulge (or over indulge) in wine, I have bad insomnia and the polar opposite of incontinence?

I think not.

I enjoyed lying awake and listening to my satellite radio without having to take a bathroom break.

Pass the Asti Spumanti please.

No comments:

Post a Comment