counter

Thursday 27 October 2011

The fog comes on little cat feet

A fog has settled over the city. It is not the type of fog I experienced when I lived in England, fog so dense you could barely see your hand in front of your face. This fog is not that bad, but it is denser than I have seen in a long time.

It mirrors the fog that sometimes stealthily sneaks into my brain as a result of PD. It is not that I lack anything, I can still do the crosswords, square numbers in my head, etc, - all the things I could always do but now, I am a little slower. I think that is a good adjective for PD - it slows you down. Fortunately, you can work around it and when you recognize it happening (it comes and goes, depending on the drug cycle), you can take steps to surmount it - at least I can at the stage I am in now.

It is said that one reason Hitler lost the war was he was suffering from PD that slowed down his thought processes. Could be, but probably the fact he was a homicidal megalomaniac surrounded by groupies was a greater factor.

Unlike Sandburg's fog, the fog over the city has yet to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment