counter

Thursday 6 October 2011

Something Old, Something New

Not too much excitement on the PD front, thanks to the mirapex/amantadine combo. However, I still get that familiar twitching in my right leg and sometimes in my right foot. Both are bothersome but certainly not a problem.

But, last night I encountered some new "moves". I was lying flat on my back with my right arm by my side, bent at the elbow such that the lower part of my arm and my hand were standing perpendicular to my body and supported by a pillow. I lay like that for several minutes when suddenly, my lower arm and hand, in one uncontrollable motion, snapped down and slapped my chest. That made me sit up and take notice. It also made me laugh - I was hitting myself for no good reason. Later, as I was about to fall asleep, I was in my usual position lying on my left side, my left arm under the pillow when suddenly, my right arm snapped across my body toward the floor. It took me 2 hours to get back to sleep.

Finally, I noticed one of my fingers on my left hand make one involuntary tap. Could this be a sign my left side will soon suffer the indignities of my right?
I hope not and I will try to remain optimistic because fear is a disease that eats away at confidence until there is no hope left.

No comments:

Post a Comment