counter

Sunday 23 October 2011

Football & that old parkie feeling

Exciting football game last evening. The Bombers scored with less than a minute left to take the lead. They held on and won 26 - 25. It should have been a joyous occasion. Unfortunately, the stress of watching the game brought on an internal tremor in my right arm. I tried to ignore it but it eventually blossomed into a full blown right hand tremor. Combine that with familiar twitches in my left leg and you can see why I got upset. I sought refuge in sleep and by 8PM was sound asleep. I awoke at 4:30, took my medication, and went for an hour long walk. As I type this blog, it is 8:13AM and there is no sign of internal or external tremor (touch wood).

Those "myoclonic spasms" I have been experiencing arrive more often and with more force than ever before. I was awakened in the night twice. The first time, my arm seemed to jump off the bed and the second time, my leg did too. They are not high jumps, they just feel like momentary springings a few mm into the air. I don't think these are myoclonic spasms; rather, I think they are symptoms. Such is the joy of PD.

I have got to quit watching football games.

No comments:

Post a Comment