counter

Wednesday 26 October 2011

By the pricking of my thumbs.......

something wicked this way comes.

I was awakened at 3:30AM by a short spasm. It was not a bad one, but just bad enough that it woke me and I could not get back to sleep. As I lay there, my right hand started to twitch. My brain calmly told me,"take your drugs, idiot". But, I was relaxed and didn't want to get up, so gradually my pointing finger began to drum on the pillow and the twitch turned into a tremor. I arose and took the drugs. They do not bring immediate relief, so I decided to go for a walk (which usually calms the tremor). Sadly, the tremor remained for a good half hour until it finally stopped - a combination of the drugs and exercise working together to fool my brain.

This was the first time the tremor was bad in the morning. I have a feeling I will have to increase the dosage of the mirapex I am taking. Is this a foreshadowing of my future? Taking more and more drugs until they stop working altogether? Probably. Let's face it, there is nothing I can do about it so I might as well relax, but I am not looking forward to the evil that is PD.

No comments:

Post a Comment