counter

Monday 10 October 2011

When I woke up this morning my girlfriend asked me, 'Did you sleep good?' I said 'No, I made a few mistakes.' Stephen Wright

My insomnia grows worse. A healthy 8 hour sleep eludes me. I sleep in 2 hour bouts in between 1-2 hour sessions of wakefulness. Even sleeping pills don't help. Last night I got 4 hours at best. At 4AM, I was out walking. That was 3.5 hours ago and now, on this Thanksgiving Monday, I am trying to get some work done.

And how about those "myclonic spasms"! I don't think that is what they are. When I lie down, various parts of my body will suddenly twitch. Could be a hand, a foot, my head or a calf muscle. They are harmless in that they are only momentary, but they do make me think the worst (PD paranoia) and some are massive jerks that awaken me just as I am falling asleep.

But I should count my blessings. There are many but chief among them is the agonist is working and I am tremor free (for now???).

Still: "Come to me now! O, come! benignest sleep! And fold me up, as evening doth a flower, From my vain self, and vain things which have power Upon my soul to make me smile or weep. And when thou comest, oh, like Death be deep."
(Patrick Proctor Alexander)

No comments:

Post a Comment