counter

Sunday 25 September 2011

The future ain't what it used to be. - Yogi Berra

I was watching the Blue Bombers play Toronto last night. I got up to get a drink of water and on the way back, my right hand started to bounce around like a whirling Dervish, in spite of the drugs I had taken about an hour before. You can imagine my disappointment. Two weeks without a tremor and now it was back! My hope that I could face the future because of the drugs was fading.

What brought on this new tremor? I had had a small recurrence at the funeral and now it was here again. What was the connection? How was a funeral related to a football game? It must have been stress. I am a huge Bomber fan and they were getting beaten by an inferior team. My brain just went into overload, overcame the drug barrier and I got a dancing hand. That was it - stress - no matter how small, seems to give my hand free rein to annoy me.

I am relieved to say, the hand is back to normal this morning. The drugs are working again.

Note to self: avoid (a) watching losing football games and (b) all social situations.

The Bombers will just have to keep winning and I will consider becoming a hermit because, as Steven Wright said, “Hermits have no peer pressure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment