counter

Friday 30 September 2011

PD - Making me tired all the time is just downright rude!

Nearly 75% of PD victims experience fatigue or Excessive Daytime Sleepiness or a combination of the two. I am no different. I wake up yawning and go to bed in the same state. This is just one of the non-motor symptoms of parkinson's and it is compounded by using the dopamine agonist, mirapex. There are days I feel like, and act like, a zombie - but what can I do? I could reduce the fatigue by cutting out mirapex but then my right hand would start its incessant tango. An afternoon nap helps a bit but not enough. I am between a rock and a hard place but have decided I do not want the tremor to return, so I am stuck with the all-consuming fatigue.

Whoever said that the amount of sleep a person requires is five minutes more, was a genius.

In the meantime, if I ever do fall into a deep sleep, don't wake me up until March.

No comments:

Post a Comment