counter

Friday 9 September 2011

Stress doesn't hurt but our reaction to it might.

The tremor remains fairly calm, except in moments of stress; not distress even, just events beyond what I was expecting (in this case a misplaced file) then the tremor returns. Its frequency is reduced and its intensity lessened, but it is there, just to remind me that I am not home free. My strategy to cope with this - forget about the lost file; it is here somewhere. Go and watch an episode of Californication on Netflix. A little Hank Moody to cheer you up. I recommend this method to the medical community.

This I did and later found the file where I had put it for safekeeping. No stress, no tremor.

What is it like having PD, with or without a tremor? Well as one person in the Parkinson's Forum said, "Life just gets harder."

That about sums it up.

Off to the cottage where we only have dialup. Chances of a posting are slim. Back Monday.

I now have readers in Canada, USA, Ireland, UK, Germany, India, Brazil, Hungary, Netherlands, Russia, Thailand, Japan, Spain, Belgium, France Greece and Malta. Thanks to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment