counter

Thursday 15 September 2011

Lend me your ears.

My voice has returned to normal and I hope it will remain that way for a few years. Funny how these things come and go. I feel fairly ordinary now - in a good way; although, a touch of insomnia is making incursions. I wake up around 3:30 and can't go back to sleep so I get up and get to work. It is amazing how much you can get done at that time of day. No distractions. It frees up time for a movie in the afternoon. I am so hyped up, I can't even nap and at 7pm, I am still wide awake. It is like I am on crack cocaine.

Give me an hour or so and I will crash. The exhaustion will start somewhere in my body and slowly, but surely, will fill up the remainder of it. By 8:30pm, I will be sound asleep.

Fortunately, there are only reality shows on TV these days, so I don't miss anything good.

(next morning) Well, I did fall into a deep sleep around 8:30 only to waken a little after midnight to my right leg twitching inside. Here we go, I thought. Sure enough, the muscle began to twist, my leg began to turn inward and my foot upward. The beast was back. I thought I would try to defeat it by rubbing my leg - no luck - by holding my leg down with my left leg - no luck. Finally, I stood beside my bed, unable to sleep but still lost in a dream and finally relaxation settled in, with some residual pain, after 5 minutes. Managed to get back to sleep but was awake and working by 4:30AM.

A good night's sleep to me is like a 70 foot great white shark. It might exist, but I am never going to see one.

No comments:

Post a Comment